MELVILLE, NY, April 9, 2019 – Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, is excited to announce the new imagePRESS C910 Series. Building on the success of its predecessor, the market leadingimagePRESS C850 Series, the imagePRESS C910 Series is a true, light to mid-volume production color digital press that incorporates advanced technologies to help small commercial printers and in-plants achieve amazing results—all in a compact footprint. Comprised of three models, the imagePRESS C910, C810 and C710, the high-quality series offers robust production speeds of up to 90 pages-per-minute (ppm), 80 ppm and 70 ppm respectively, while sporting an intuitive, flexible design that makes it both productive and versatile for printing establishments of varying shapes and sizes.
The imagePRESS C910 color digital press series is engineered to help print service providers meet today’s challenging demands and tight deadlines. This color press reflects the synergy of intuitive operation and embedded color controls, allowing for operators from entry-level to the most experienced to produce brilliant output on a wide range of media while also shortening turnaround times for both simple and complex jobs.
“Canon has incorporated its ‘customer-first’ mindset and unique understanding of imaging, color science and workflow to build a digital press designed to be the workhorse that supports and drives our customers’ day-to-day business,” says Shinichi Yoshida, executive vice president and general manager, Canon U.S.A. Inc. “With the new imagePRESS C910 Series, we continue to evolve our high-quality digital presses in order to offer robust capabilities that deliver efficient, cost-effective production for light-to mid-volume commercial and in-plant customers.”
The updated series includes a range of new finishing options and extended media support to further increase application flexibility. These finishing options include:
- Incorporates GBC eWire Pro to provide in-line production of wire bound documents.
- Includes double punching on tabloid size sheets to help maximize productivity and a new compact, robust inline booklet maker.
- Offers an open Document Finishing Device (DFD) adapter and bridge interface that allows for 3rd party finishing to connect to the Canon Staple/Booklet Finisher-W for corner stapling and advanced in-line finishing on the imagePRESS C910/C810 devices.
- Supports media up to 130-pound Cover (350 gsm) to help print service providers expand the range of media offerings for applications such as business cards and direct mail.
- Supports printing on media up to 51.2 inches (1300mm), allowing for expanded application support of novel marketing collateral, pocket folders and banners.
As a result of workflow being a crucial aspect of every production print environment, the new series offers a choice of Digital Front Ends: Canon’s PRISMAsync Print Server Version 7 and the EFI Fiery powered imagePRESS Servers. Users have the option of selecting the imagePRESS Server H350 or imagePRESS Server G250, built on EFI®’s Fiery® FS350 platform offering fast processing, superb image quality and streamlined, automated workflows for sheet-fed digital production systems. In addition to meeting market demand for a consistent workflow for both black and white and color devices, the PRISMAsync family of print servers has expanded to include a brand new offering, the PRISMAsync Print Server LP. Targeted at light-volume print service providers, PRISMAsync Print Server LP helps streamline production further by unifying monochrome and color workflows which helps reduce the chance of operator error and allows for efficient job management across presses.
The innovative and versatile imagePRESS C910 Series is scheduled to be available through Canon authorized dealers for purchase in Q2 2019.
For more information on Canon U.S.A. and its production printing solutions, please visit www.usa.canon.com.